In line with the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, the overall objective of ACADEMY is to contribute to promoting cross-regional continental integration, sustainable and inclusive development.
It aims at improving both the capacity of the participating HEIs and beneficiaries’ competences through 109 grants related to five thematic fields.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to study Masters, Doctoral and short research, teaching and administrative visits between the consortium partners. The available scholarships are:
Full degree: 20 months
Credit-seeking mobility: 6 to 10 months
Full degree: 36 months
Credit-seeking mobility: 6 to 10 months
- Academic and Administrative Staff
Mobility: 1 to 3 months
- Study Subject: Eligible areas of study
- Business, administration and law;
- Natural sciences;
- Information and Communication Technologies;
- Engineering, manufacturing and construction;
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary.
Please notice that the field of study will be taken into consideration in the selection process together with other factors such as application’s grade, balance between institutions, gender and other cross-cutting issues, etc.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship covers:
- Monthly subsistence allowance for the entire mobility period
- Extra allowance per academic year to female students (for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years)
- Settling in allowance (for students only)
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs – for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years, two roundtrip tickets will be provided (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Comprehensive insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable (paid directly to the hosting institutions)
- Research costs for students on mobility for 10 months or more (based on actual research needs and dependent on a request submitted by the students)
Participation costs are transferred directly to the host institution.
Insurance is arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students.
- Nationality: African students are eligible
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in The ACADEMY partnership is composed of 5 partner institutions as well as 2 associate institutions from Africa. There is also a technical partner: the University of Porto from Portugal. Université de Tlemcen Coordinating Institution, Algeria; University of Cape Coast, Ghana; Kenyatta University, Kenya; University of Ibadan, Nigeria; University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique, and Algeria; Pan African University for Water and Energy Sciences, Algeria.
Requirements for Academy Project Scholarship
Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic (CAR), Chad, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants for all types of scholarships must :
- Be nationals and residents in any of the eligible African countries.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of courses in the host country.
- Fulfill the criteria of one of the target groups below:
Students having previously benefited from a scholarship under the Intra-ACP or the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Schemes are NOT eligible.