KAGEU is a private university owned by the Kenya Assemblies of God. It is a comprehensive premier Christian university committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to become Spirit-empowered servants of God who impact the Church and society globally. KAGEU is committed to training competent and qualified servant leaders, with a distinguished faculty seeking excellence in research, writing, teaching and training for life and ministry. Programs offered are tailored towards meeting present and future needs of the nation and global world as a contribution based on values held by the sponsoring Church organization. Students who study with us must comit to abide by mission and purpose of existance.
|Student Body||• Student Council available on both Campuses|
|Campuses||• Main Campus: Located on Namanga Rd past Kitengela town, Kajiado County, on More than 55 acres of land
• Second Campus: Located next to Buruburu shopping center,
|Ownernship||• KAGEU owned by The General Council of the Kenya Assemblies of God Denomination|
|Academics||• See Academic Programs|
|Collaboration||KAGEU collaborates with two universities
• Pan Africa Theological Seminary, Togo for the PHD programs, Doctor of Ministry
• Global University for the Master’s Program
|Campus Life||• Many campus clubs and organizations available for students’ participation
• Student Senate and Activities Board
• Mandatory Chapel attendance, great worship team, ministry teams to the community
|Global Impact||• Many alumni serving in Kenya and all over the world from all nations
• Students from over 10 countries
KAG East University Admission Requirements
Post Graduate Programs Requirements
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree: The applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree should have a master’s degree from institutions recognized by the Commission for University Education. In addition, the applicants should submit a research proposal showing that they are capable of carrying out original research.
- Master’s Degree: Applicants should be holders of a bachelor’s degree form an accredited University recognized by the Commission for University Education.
Undergraduate Programs Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses: Admission to Bachelor’s Degree Programs will be based on the attainment of KCSE mean grade C+, a KNEC diploma or the equivalent of each as recognized by the University Senate and the Commission for University Education. Individual programs may require higher grades, but a C+ overall grade will be the minimum threshold.
- Diplomas: Admission to Diploma Courses shall be based on any of the following minimum qualifications: KCSE mean grade C or equivalent, KCSE mean grade D plus a certificate in a relevant field from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
- Certificate Courses: Admission to Certificate Courses will be based on the following minimum qualifications: KCSE mean grade D.
Admission Requirements for International Students
KAG EAST University welcomes foreign students to attend the university. The following admission requirements will be adhered to:
- An official translation of academic records (where applicable) done by a recognized body prefferably their respective embassies.
- An official test score of English (TOEFL) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English will be required for applicants whose language of instruction is not English.
- An overall requirement of C+ at KCSE, if the applicant schooled in Kenya, or an equivalent of this, as will be determined by the Senate directed by CUE program qualification guidelines
- An international English proficiency certificate such as TOEFL, GMAT or SAT will be a substitute to this English proficiency Test.
Candidates for admission will give a two-page double spaced essay addressing the topic: What experiences led you to select your professional objectives.
Transfer Students/Credit Transfer
Information on transfer Students/ Credit transfer can be obtained on request from admissions.
Procedure of Application for Admission for Undergraduate
KAG EAST University will admit applicants who meet any of the following minimum university requirements: C+ in KCSE, KNEC Diploma, KASNEB diploma, an equivalent grade obtained from a CUE recognized examining body.
Each applicant for admission to KAG EAST University will submit to the Registrar Academic’s Office the following items:
- A non-refundable application fee as specified in the current fee schedule of the institution. All payments will be as per the financial policy.
- A duly filled application form at least a month before the start of each semester.
Procedure of Application for Admission for Post Graduate program
KAG EAST University will admit applicants who meet any of the following minimum university requirements:
- A GPA of 3.0 in a relevant area of study.
- Certified copies of all degree certificates and transcripts. Original certificates shall be presented to the Registrar Academic for verification. Applicants shall request their previous Universities to send the official transcripts.
- Certified Copies of the National Identity Card or Passport, and Birth Certificate. Originals shall be presented to the Registrar Academic for verification.
- Two-page double spaced essay outlining your achievement, reasons for applying for the post-graduate program and your expectations of the program. Follow KAG EAST University writing policy.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Three referees, one of which should be from your current local church Pastor is mandatory.
- Two recent passport size photography (Write your name on reverse side).
International student applications
- An official translation of academic records (where applicable)
- An official test score of English (TOEFL) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (required for applicants whose language of instruction is not English).
- A current financial guarantee letter (from your financial sponsors).
- Provide an acknowledgement slip of Application for student Pass from Immigration department.
- Two recent certified passport size photographs (Write your name on the reverse side)
- Certified copy of the Applicants Passport. Originals shall be presented for verification.
- Certified copy of the Sponsor’s National Passport.
- Certified copy of relevant Bank Statement.
- All certified recommendation letters from three referees shall be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All official transcripts shall be sent directly to the Registrar Academic.
An admissions offer may be postponed or rescheduled on grounds specified below:-
- An applicant who is unable to take up the offer of admission will be required to inform in writing the Academic Registrar Academic at least one week prior to the date of registration.
- An applicant who fails to inform the Academic Registrar Academic of his/her deferment of admission will be deemed to have forfeited his/her position and will be deregistered from the course admitted to.
- An official letter of deferment of admission from the Academic Registrar Academic shall be issued as a confirmation of deferment and a copy placed in the student’s file. After one year a fresh application shall be required.
For more information on admissions write to us on email@example.com